__init__(start=0, stop=0, npoints=0, unit='ghz', sweep_type='lin')¶
Creates a Frequency object from start/stop/npoints and a unit. Alternatively, the class method
from_f()can be used to create a Frequency object from a frequency vector instead.
- start (number) – start frequency in units of unit
- stop (number) – stop frequency in units of unit
- npoints (int) – number of points in the band.
- unit (['hz','khz','mhz','ghz']) – frequency unit of the band. This is used to create the
f_scaled. It is also used by the
Networkclass for plots vs. frequency.
- sweep_type (['lin', 'log']) – type of the sweep. ‘lin’ for linear and ‘log’ for logarithmic.
The attribute unit sets the property freqMultiplier, which is used to scale the frequency when f_scaled is referenced.
- constructs a Frequency object from a frequency vector instead of start/stop/npoints.
>>> wr1p5band = Frequency(500,750,401, 'ghz')