line(d, unit='deg', z0=None, embed=False, **kwargs)¶
Transmission line of a given length and impedance
The units of length are interpreted according to the value of unit. If z0 is not None, then a line specified impedance is produced. if embed is also True, then the line is embedded in this media’s z0 environment, creating a mismatched line.
- d (number) – the length of transmissin line (see unit argument)
- unit (['deg','rad','m','cm','um','in','mil','s','us','ns','ps']) – the units of d. See
to_meters(), for details
- z0 (number, string, or array-like) – the characteristic impedance of the line, if different from self.z0. To set z0 in terms of normalized impedance, pass a string, like z0=‘1+.2j’
- embed (bool) – if Z0 is given, should the line be embedded in z0 environment? or left in a z environment. if embedded, there will be reflections
- **kwargs (key word arguments) – passed to
match(), which is called initially to create a ‘blank’ network.
line – matched tranmission line of given length
>>> my_media.line(1, 'mm', z0=100) >>> my_media.line(90,'deg',z0='2') # set z0 as normalized impedance