renormalize_s(s, z_old, z_new)¶
wave casca Renormalize a s-parameter matrix given old and new port impedances
In the Parameters descriptions, F,N,N = shape(s).
This re-normalization assumes pseudo-wave formulation. The function
renormalize_s_pw()implements the power-wave formulation. However, the two implementation are only different for complex characteristic impedances. See the  and  for more details.
- s (complex array of shape FxNxN) – s-parameter matrix
- z_old (complex array of shape FxN, F, N or a scalar) – old (original) port impedances
- z_new (complex array of shape FxN, F, N or a scalar) – new port impedances
The impedance renormalization. This just calls
z2s(s2z(s,z0 = z_old), z0 = z_new)
- renormalize using power wave formulation
- method of Network to renormalize s
 (1, 2)
- Marks and D. F. Williams, “A general waveguide circuit theory,” Journal of Research of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, vol. 97, no. 5, pp. 533-561, 1992.
 (1, 2) http://www.anritsu.com/en-gb/downloads/application-notes/application-note/dwl1334.aspx
>>> s = zeros(shape=(101,2,2)) >>> renormalize_s(s, 50,25)